At Squadcast, we are diligently building a platform helping engineers around the world do incident management - the SRE way, our business is growing at a rapid pace and we are continuously engaging more teams and companies with our offering. This is your opportunity to join this adventure in our Marketing Team, help us grow our technical content efforts, and bring awareness and adoption of our platform to SRE/DevOps teams around the globe.
If you are passionate about technology/software engineering/dev tools and have a knack for storytelling that elevates great products, then this is a unique opportunity for you.
What’s more: you get to be part of the team recognized as one of the “Top 5 Companies to work in Product Marketing”!
Read on to know more about this role
Who are you?
You are a highly skilled technical writer. In this position, you will work closely with marketing to create easy-to-understand user content like articles, blogs, and will increase product clarity, performance, and usability. A strong knowledge base and the ability to work cooperatively with other teams are a must. Preferably one who is aware of the DevOps, SRE, ITIL space.
Your responsibilities include:
- Mapping out a content strategy, along with developing a functional content calender that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Developing standards, systems, and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval, and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Organize the content types, and determine content relativity to the product and various channels
- Collaborate with the software development/ engineering teams/subject matter expert and articulate well-structured & reserached content that highlights our value proposition through blogs/articles/whitepapers produce well-researched content for online publication and to create strong content that communicates our product value.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results with help from the team and analyze current content and make improvements as necessary.
- Assisting other teams with documentation tasks
What should you have?
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Knowledge or prior experience in writing content on any of the below topics/technologies highly preferred
- Cloud : AWS/Azure/Google
- DevOps tools - (Linux, git, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Prometheus, AWS services, Terraform, etc....)
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools/ technical concepts and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines for ongoing campaigns.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously.
- Strict adherence to the style guides of each company and their policies for publication.
- Proficiency with computers, especially writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Also preferred - a social presence in social media like personal blogs, Twitter, Quora etc.
What do we offer?
In addition to an outstanding work environment, folks at Squadcast enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to how we work
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge the status quo
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
- Your health is important to us: we offer a great health insurance package (for you and your family)
- Regular team events, outings and much more
- We are family-friendly, respect your work-life balance and offer flexible office hours