Who are we?
We are a bunch of engineers in love with system reliability, and our founders have been featured as Top Tech Entrepreneurs in the Forbes 30 Under 30 2020 list.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters diversity, inclusion, innovation, and success. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective or cranking out a new product feature or doing our day-to-day work, we live and breathe our core values. As a team, we solve real customer issues and fulfil our mission of connecting teams to simplify technical operations & incident response to help global engineering teams build reliable technology.
We live by our core values:
- Customer-First, Always.
- Excellence at work
- Be a Rock - Dependable, Reliable, Trustworthy
- Respect Each Other
- Honesty & Humility
Together we are building an awesome company and product that our users are falling in love with every day.
Our product is a cloud-based software designed around Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices with best-of-breed Incident Management & On-call Scheduling capabilities. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing developer tools, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
Why is Squadcast a great place for you?
At Squadcast, we take that extra special care to make sure you give your best at work and have a fulfilling and productive day, every day! And creating the right environment for you is just one of the things we do. We empower people and trust them to do the right thing. So be ready for a lot of independence in whatever you do. Here, you own your work from start to finish, right from day one. Being enthusiastic about tech is a big part of being at Squadcast.
If you like building technology that makes an impact, ideating with some of the best minds in the country, and executing on your dreams with purpose and speed, Squadcast is where you want to be.
Who are you?
You are a highly skilled technical writer. In this position, you will work closely with marketing to create easy-to-understand user content like articles, blogs, and will increase product clarity, performance, and usability. A strong knowledge base and the ability to work cooperatively with other teams are a must. Preferably one who is aware of the DevOps, SRE, ITIL space.
Your responsibilities include:
- Mapping out a content strategy, along with developing a functional content calender that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Developing standards, systems, and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval, and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Organize the content types, and determine content relativity to the product and various channels
- Collaborate with the software development/ engineering teams/subject matter expert and articulate well-structured & reserached content that highlights our value proposition through blogs/articles/whitepapers produce well-researched content for online publication and to create strong content that communicates our product value.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results with help from the team and analyze current content and make improvements as necessary.
- Assisting other teams with documentation tasks
What should you have?
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Knowledge or prior experience in writing content on any of the below topics/technologies highly preferred
- Cloud : AWS/Azure/Google
- DevOps tools - (Linux, git, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Prometheus, AWS services, Terraform, etc....)
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools/ technical concepts and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines for ongoing campaigns.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously.
- Strict adherence to the style guides of each company and their policies for publication.
- Proficiency with computers, especially writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Also preferred - a social presence in social media like personal blogs, Twitter, Quora etc.
What do we offer?
In addition to an outstanding work environment, folks at Squadcast enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to how we work
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge the status quo
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
- Your health is important to us: we offer a great health insurance package (for you and your family)
- Regular team events, outings and much more
- Get free breakfast & lunches in the office, snacks and drinks
- We are family-friendly, respect your work-life balance and offer flexible office hours
Sounds interesting? We’d be happy to take a look at your resume.
Squadcast was founded in 2017 by systems engineers from MIT and IIT, and is based out of Palo Alto, California and Bengaluru, India. We are backed by esteemed VC firms from Silicon Valley and India. We are also supported by leading software giants like Oracle, Cisco, Nvidia.
Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Squadcast People’s Team