At Squadcast, we are diligently building a platform helping engineers around the world do incident management - the SRE way, our business is growing at a rapid pace and we are continuously engaging more teams and companies with our offering. This is your opportunity to join this adventure in our Marketing Team, help us grow our Product Marketing activities, and bring awareness and adoption of our platform to SRE/DevOps teams around the globe.
If you are passionate about technology/software engineering/dev tools and have a knack for producing great content about great products, then this is a unique opportunity for you.
The impact you can have
As an Associate Product Marketer at Squadcast, your first impact will be to engage teams and companies worldwide in caring about the reliability of their application/service. Together with the team, you would be responsible for driving adoption and engagement in our product by defining our commercial narrative and positioning, supporting the business development process, promoting product features, and influencing the product roadmap. The product marketing associate will be responsible for owning a key user segment as well as taking the lead on a couple of key workstreams on user adoption and product promotion. You will demonstrate to organizations of this world how to easily adopt Site Reliability Engineering practices to improve their incident resolution metrics and ultimately, the reliability of their systems.
You will join an existing squad of Marketing team members coming from diverse backgrounds in building a steady stream of product announcements, stories, webinars, blogs and others. You will be part of a team-based organization where you will work with your peers on continuously growing and delivering more kickass feature launches and announcements, that engage an immense community of developers and organizations.
Using your prior Product Marketing experience in technology companies, you will contribute to growing the awareness and reputation of our platform.
What you’ll do:
- Establish the product story - Author the story of the value and benefits of our product overall and for new features, and arm our business development and customer-facing teams to represent that story consistently across all channels. Keep our Value Proposition continuously up-to-date with the latest releases and offerings.
- Promote product features - Educate and arm our customer-facing teams to sell and deploy new features, via collateral creation, and direct engagement with those teams. Maximize the impact on the audience/community that you target.
- Track and drive adoption- Design and implement capabilities to track adoption and extract actionable insights. Use these insights to identify and execute on opportunities to improve the deployment and usage of existing and new features.
- Collaborate deeply with Product Management- PMM works closely with the Product team to inform the roadmap and inform PMM priorities.
- Be a resident expert on one of our key user personas- Be a student of and go-to expert on a specific user segment. Organize and conduct user research, participate in user testing, and study industry intel
- Data-oriented: Ability to work with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our product to market
Skills you should have:
- 1-4 years experience in Product Marketing team, developer marketing experience working in technology, infrastructure, or platform companies is preferred (DevOps a plus)
- Experience working with a highly technical product, including the ability to get into the weeds on technical product features and engage in technical solutioning for customers & user base.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize user and market feedback to form hypotheses and drive decisions
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and planning skills - As this role collaborates heavily cross-functionally, this ideal candidate requires strong diplomatic and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and achieve measurable results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and communicate internally and externally at a range of seniority level